So, I’m maintaining these days. That means I am lying low. Money is tight and I’m in this in-between time in a way. Not just the in-between time between Thanksgiving and Christmas but also with work as well because the project I was bought in for has more or less wrapped up and the next project hasn’t started yet.
It means that this week has been quiet which is good for a change. I’m assuming I’m going to be around, at least that’s what they told me so hopefully it means gliding into the New Year without worrying about a gig. If I’m really lucky some freelance may materialize as well and I can get ahead which would make life even better.
I can’t say I’m drowning but in the scheme of things it often feels as if my nostrils are just above the water line and I’m THIS CLOSE to going under.
You know I started this the other day and it’s really true that I’ve spent the month trying to count pennies.
I went to the supermarket a few weeks back but I really don‘t go out or do anything and since I have food in the house and I get things from the food pantry I do everything in my power not to spend.
It isn’t exciting to say the least but I do cook a lot. Today I made home made french fries and a burger which was a bit out of left field in the sense that I had everything it was just a meal the likes of which I hadn’t anticipated and I enjoyed it.
The day before I had made sauteed bok choy for dinner. That turned out good as well and I had made a short trip to pick up an online order and got some fast food as a rare treat.
The day before that I had made a nice thick juicy steak along with asparagus and mushrooms.
The food or diversity of the menu isn’t as much of a problem… in the few days before that I had pozole with homemade tortilla chips and before that homemade gumbo.
It’s just you cook for yourself and you cook for yourself and even with variety you want every once in awhile just to eat out somewhere.
I can’t really complain but again, these are the current demands financially.
On the flip side, we are already in the midst of December and January is close at hand meaning the most horrible part of the year is close to an end. Fingers crossed it won’t snow a lot over the next four or five weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment